Design Parameters are defined as numbers with associated units that define characteristics, setpoints, and limits, associated with unique SSCs.
Design Parameters are typically inputs and outputs from calculations, or other specific values passed from a requirement, and include Design Limits, Operating Limits, alarm and trip setpoints, and Range of Normal Operation values for all systems and components.
Shutdown cooling Hx (9-441-M-HE01A/01B) flow.
- Analyzed Design Limit : 7,500 gpm
- Operating Limit : 8,000 gpm
- Range of Normal Operating-High : 10,500 gpm
- Range of Normal Operating-Low : 8,500 gpm
Shutdown cooling Hx (9-441-M-HE01A/01B) temperature.
- Analyzed Design Limit : 110° F
- Operating Limit : 102° F
- Range of Operating-High : 95° F
- Range of Operating-Low : 65° F
Since Design Parameters represent calculation results that bound system and component performance, they facilitate Margin Management and Setpoint Management with little additional effort.
It is not our purpose here to discuss the ramifications or details of Margin Management or Setpoint Management, but to identify the ease by which Margin and Setpoint Management can be conducted within an effective CM taxonomy.